Last updated November 10, 2022
Welcome to Lovage’s Terms of Service. Please read this carefully before using our site, services, or products. This is a contract between you and Lovage Labs, Inc. , a Delaware Corporation (“Lovage Labs,” "Lovage", “We,” “Our,” or “Us”).
The Terms of Service may change over time. When we change our Terms of Service, we will give you notice either through our website (including by updating the “last updated” date of the Terms of Service), app, or communication (including by email) as we believe necessary. We encourage you to review this statement periodically.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1.1 Personal Information.
We may collect information that can identify you (“Personal Information”). We may collect your Personal Information when you or a third party—to whom you gave permission—give it to us. Personal Information means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. By providing any information to us, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of it as permitted by applicable law. Some examples of Personal Information we collect may include your:
- Mobile device ID;
- Real time geolocation through cell towers, WiFi triangulation, or GPS;
- Account username and password;
- Phone number; and
- Credit card and other financial information.
1.2 Non-Personal Information.
We may also collect information that does not identify you (“Non-Personal Information”). We consider all information that is not Personal Information Non-Personal Information We collect your Non-Personal Information when you or a third party give it to us and through data collection technology while you use our Platform. Some examples of Non-Personal Information we collect may include your:
- Information posted or collected as a result of a user’s use (including your use) of our Services;
- Information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services;
- IP address;
- Activity on the Platform;
- Address and zip code;
- Location information; or
- Device information (other than mobile device ID).
We do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of thirteen.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
2.1 Information You Provide to Us.
We collect and store information you enter on our Platform or provide to us in some other manner. For example, when you create an account, submit a form on our website or through our app, or otherwise communicate with us. This may include your Personal Information and your Non-Personal Information.
2.2 Information We Automatically Collect as You Use Our Platform.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data: When you use our Platform, we may assign your device one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your activity on our Platform.
- Other Technologies: We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our Platform. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened.
- You may learn more about internet tracking technologies on the Federal Trade Commission’s website at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-online-tracking.
2.3 Information We Automatically Collect as You Use Our Platform.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information to operate our business and provide our Services, including to:
- Operate, improve, debug, and maintain our Platform;
- Develop new products and services, upgrades, enhancements and updates, and communicate with you regarding the same;
- Study and personalize user experiences;
- Fulfill or comply with legal requirements;
- Conduct business analysis and research, and marketing campaigns;
- Show you advertisements on our Platform or third party websites and apps; and
- Ensure better security and fraud protection.
3.1 Sharing Personal Information.
We may share Personal Information with our affiliates in order to operate our business. We may share Personal Information with third party vendors who provide services for us and who agree to keep Personal Information confidential and only use it for the services they are providing for us. Otherwise, we will not share your Personal Information with a third party without your consent, unless:
- Required by law (for example, a court order, subpoena, or law enforcement investigation);
- We are involved in a merger, sale, acquisition, or other change of ownership; or
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
3.2 Sharing Non-Personal Information.
We may share Non-Personal Information with third parties to the extent allowed by law. For example, we may share Non-Personal Information with third parties for analytical purposes, marketing and advertising and research.
3.3 Sharing Non-Human Readable Data.
We may use and share Personal Information and Non-Personal Information in hashed, non- human readable form. We consider Personal Information that is in hashed, non-human readable form to be Non-Personal Information. We may also share this information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Platform and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine this information with additional Personal Information or Non-Personal Information in hashed, non-human readable form collected from other sources.
4. HOW DO WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
4.1 How Long We Store Your Information.
We retain Personal Information for as long as we believe is necessary to operate and maintain our business or to the extent required by law. We retain Non-Personal Information to the extent allowed by law. For example, after you delete your account, we may retain some or all information for analytical purposes, recordkeeping integrity, to prevent fraud, enforce our terms, or to take any permitted legal action. We do not promise that information will be deleted within a specific timeframe.
4.2 How Protect Your Information.
We take what we believe are reasonable security measures to protect your information. No security system, however, is completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain secure. You should handle and disclose your personal information with care. You may learn more on how to protect your personal data on the Federal Trade Commission’s website located at https://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm. Our commitment to your privacy does not extend to third-party products and services you may access from our Platform.
5. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with our Platform, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on our Platform. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. Please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
7. USING OUR PLATFORM FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
8. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You may choose not to provide your information, but some Services may require it to function properly. You may also control the information collected by internet cookies. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third-party data partners or third-party advertising partners, please go to https://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have questions or comments about this policy or our Platform, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Lovage Labs, Inc.
1633 W Innovation Way, 5th Floor, Suite 158
Lehi, UT 84043